Know Before you Go on Vacation
You may already know that your packing list should contain swimsuits, beach toys and sunscreen, but if this is your first experience vacationing in a rental home or condo you may be wondering what will be provided during your vacation.
Our vacation rentals are stocked with many of the comforts of home, including bedding, towels and kitchen essentials, but there are a few more items you will want to pack.
To ensure your comfort, you will find your rental has been stocked with an initial supply of toilet paper, hand soap, paper towels, sponge, starter dishwasher detergent, dishwashing soap, trash bag, starter package of laundry detergent and fabric softener.
Below you will find a list of items we recommend you bring with you or plan on purchasing upon arrival for your vacation.
Paper Products (Paper Towels, Napkins, Toilet Paper, Trash Bags)
Laundry Supplies (Detergent and Fabric Softener)
Toiletries (Soap, Shampoo, Hair Dryer and Personal Items)
Kitchen Supplies (Coffee Filters, Condiments, Spices, Dishwasher Detergent)
Baby Equipment (Pack-n-Play, High Chair)
Beach Gear (Towels, Umbrella, Chairs)
Check in time is at 4 pm EST and check out time is 10 am EST.
When visiting our area, please be aware that it is in two different time zones, Eastern and Central. With that being said, sometimes clocks on electronic devices change to reflect the nearest time zone. This may cause some confusion when determining the correct time. Central time zone applies to Mexico Beach, and Eastern time zone applies to St. Joe Beach, Beacon Hill, Port St. Joe, Windmark Beach, Port St. Joe, SR 30A, Cape San Blas, CR 30-A and Indian Pass.
We have a variety of pet-friendly homes for you to rent; however, arrangements must be made before your arrival date. A non-refundable pet fee of $125 per pet, plus tax, will apply. Gulf County allows pets on the beach as long as your furry friends are on a leash.
In 2015, a “Leave No Trace” ordinance was issued for Gulf County beaches. Anything you bring to the beach with you should leave the beach with you. Please do not leave any belongings on the beach overnight. We are very proud of our beaches and want to keep them in pristine condition. Driving on the beach is only allowed with a permit issued to Gulf County Residents or property owners only. For more details, please visit www.visitgulf.com.
If you have additional questions on what to expect when staying in one of our rental homes, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the booking process work?
All of the homes we manage are represented on our website. You can search for properties that are available for specific dates or browse all the properties before selecting what best fits your travel itinerary. Simply input the appropriate information into the form. If you decide to book on the spot, then follow the simple steps to book your vacation. If you need further assistance or would like to book by telephone, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 850-597-1957.
Is there a security deposit to rent our homes?
Yes, a security deposit is required when booking one of our vacation rental homes. It ranges from $250 to $500 depending on the home.
When will I get my security deposit back?
It will be returned within 30 days after departure as long as there isn’t any damage to the property or missing items.
What is required to book a home?
Renters must be 25 years of age or older to make a reservations. We require a signed Rental Agreement and a deposit or travel insurance to secure the property. Please refer to the Rental Agreement for all requirements when booking a home.
What is the cancellation policy?
Reservations cancelled at least 60 days before check-in date will receive a 100% refund, minus cancellation fees. Reservations cancelled between 30 to 60 days before check-in date will receive a 50% refund, minus cancellation fees. Reservations cancelled less than 30 days before check-in date will result in forfeiture of the full advance rental payments and any other payments or deposits. Changes to reservations must be requested prior to the final payment due date. Changes to reservations after the final payment due date are not permitted.
What time is check in/check out?
Check-in is at 4 pm EST on your arrival date. Check out is 10 am EST on your departure date.
Can I check in early or check out late?
As a rule, no. We can sometimes work with guests if we do not have anyone checking in or checking out the same day. If accommodations can be made for early check in or late check out a fee will apply.
Can I bring my pet with me?
Some homes allow pets, please let us know if you plan to bring your pet as an additional $125 non-refundable fee per pet will apply.
How do I get a key to the rental unit?
Most units will have a code code on the front door. It will be provided to you 7 days prior to arrival date.
Are linens and towels included with the rental?
Yes, we’ve got you covered and dried. We provide one set of sheets per bed, and bath towels, hand towels and washcloths for a maximum occupancy limit.
What is provided in each home?
All homes are privately owned and reflect the individual owner’s personal taste. All homes are equipped with basic items such as kitchen ware, TV’s, internet, linens and towels. We provide a starter supply of paper towels, toilet paper, trash bags, dishwasher detergent, dishwashing soap, sponge, hand soap, laundry detergent and fabric softener.
What do I do if there is a problem with the home?
We are available 24/7 for any emergencies. A phone number will be provided to you to contact us in case of an emergency.
Are pets allowed on the beach?
Pets are allowed on the beach in Gulf County (St. Joe Beach, Port St. Joe, Cape San Blas and Indian Pass). Pets are not in Bay County except in designated areas (Mexico Beach).
Are the homes non-smoking?
Yes, all homes are non-smoking and this rule is strictly enforced. However, smoking is permitted in the patio areas outside of home.
When we check out, what needs to be done?
While we do request that common cleanliness courtesies be observed, all you need to do is lock all doors as your depart. We will take care of everything else.
What are the benefits of a vacation home rental?
Our vacation homes are stocked in such a way that you always feel like you are coming “home” to your “vacation home” rather than returning to a small hotel room. You will be able to enjoy a full service home while you are on vacation rather than a small hotel room.
While a few of our properties adhere to a “No Pets” policy, a select number of our homes welcome dogs and are advertised as Pet Friendly. This will be specifically noted on each property’s information page. A non-refundable pet fee of $125 will be applied to your reservation and a completed pet addendum will be required if you decide to bring your furry friends. Our vacation rental homes welcome dogs, no other pets are allowed.
For your own comfort and for the comfort of our homeowners and other guests, there are certain rules and restrictions that must apply to the Pet Friendly properties:
- Dogs permitted in the rental home must be arranged in advance.
- A maximum of two dogs will be allowed per rental home.
- The pet fee of $125 does not cover damage to the property or grounds resulting from a dog, including but not limited to chewing, scratching, digging and house-training accidents.
- All local laws and regulations must be followed, and may vary depending on the location of your property.
- Guests agree to keep their dogs under control at all times.
- Guest agree to promptly report any damage caused by dogs.
- Guests agree to pay any costs for damage done by dogs that exceeds the deposit or insurance limits of their damage insurance policy. Damages that exceed the deposit or insurance policy will be charged to the credit card on file for the guests.
- Guests are required to clean up after dogs, both in public areas and in the yard of the rental property.
- Dogs are prohibited from barking excessively or to roam onto neighboring properties. Many of our homes are located near residential neighborhoods, and we must respect the comfort and privacy of those residents. Complaints may lead to eviction without refund. This will be at the sole discretion of Sunshine Vacation Rentals of the Forgotten Coast.
- When outside of the rental home, dogs must be kept on leashes at all times except in designated areas where it is allowed to let your dog off of a leash.
- Dogs are not allowed on furniture or beds. Please bring a bed or blanket for your dog to rest and sleep on. Extra cleaning fees will be charged to the credit card on file for the gusts for furniture, blankets, comforters, etc. that have pet hair left behind.
- Guests agree that dogs should be rinsed and clean before entering the rental home. If dogs require a bath, please use an outside shower or water hose. Guest linens and towels are prohibited from use on dogs. Please make arrangements to bring your own towels and shampoo for your dogs.
- Dogs should not be unattended for long periods of time. A crate is ideal for those circumstances in which you must leave.
- Dogs are not allowed in swimming pools or hot tubs.
- All dogs must be up to date on all vaccinations, including rabies.
- All dogs must be treated for fleas and ticks three days before arrival to the rental home.
On the Forgotten Coast, we are always having special events or festivals that are exciting and fun. Whether you are interested in a fishing tournament, festival or simply want to take an exercise class, click on the link below to get a complete list of upcoming events happening around our area.